- Tell us about your vehicle so we can give you an accurate quote.
- Let us know what piece of glass you're looking for, as well.
- Your Zip Code helps us find three high-quality auto glass installers that provide service in your area.
Windshield Scratch Repair
Instantly Get up to 3 Local Windshield Replacement Quotes
- Access to exclusive discounts only on Glass.net
- Easy 30 second secure process
- Compare up to 3 unbiased quotes from high-rated auto glass shops in your area
- Choose the price and services that fit your needs - there’s no obligation!
Windshield scratches caused by wiper blades and other surface marks can be polished away using 'Do it yourself' kits available in the market. These kits help erase stains, lime scale and such similar scars on the windshield.
Some of them are designed to be used with electric drill at certain prescribed speeds. These DIY kits are perfectly safe to handle and bear printed labels detailing step by step instruction.
Scratches in windshield are quite commonplace in vehicles and can occur anytime - even when the owner/driver is extra careful about selecting the best roads and favorable parking spots.
But the heartening fact is, these windshield scratches are easy to repair and can be done by the owner/driver without any professional aid. All that owners/drivers need to repair these scratches is a DIY windshield repair kit and some painstaking efforts.
Repairing a windshield scratch is not complicated, provided the owner/driver has the right tools and some spare time. The other alternative is to buy a new windshield to replace the scratched one. Repair costs for a broken car window is far less costly. Replacements in most cases, are completely avoidable expenses.
If the scratches are fairly large and the driver's vision gets distorted, then you may be left with no choice but to replace the windshield. Whether owners have to buy a new windshield or a windshield repair kit, is best decided by a reliable auto glass technician.
Here is a step-by-step guidance to repair windshield scratches: