- Tell us about your vehicle so we can give you an accurate quote.
- Let us know what piece of glass you're looking for, as well.
- Your Zip Code helps us find three high-quality auto glass installers that provide service in your area.
Windshield Chip Repair
Instantly Get up to 5 Local Chip Repair Quotes
- Access exclusive discounts for windshield chip repair services only on Glass.net
- Easy 30 second secure process
- Compare up to 5 local unbiased estimates from high-rated auto glass repair shops
- Choose the best price and services for that fit your needs - zero obligation!
Why Repairs To Your Windshield Should Be Done Immediately
It’s imperative that you fix that chip as soon as you notice in your auto glass. But why?
If you postpone repairing a-ny chip, it can turn into a large crack that spreads over your entire auto windshield, especially during extreme cold weather conditions. In addition, the small cracks can accumulate dust over time and make repairs even more difficult.
Why Should A Professional Repair Your Chip?
Here’s why you should get a professional Auto Glass Chip repair service versus buying your own kit:
1. Your Insurance Might Cover the Cost
If you have comprehensive auto insurance, your insurance company might cover the cost of replacing your windshield chips. You’re already paying for comprehensive auto insurance, so why not let your insurance company take care of it? They will just require you to pay your deductible, and then the rest of the repair might be covered completely.
Depending on the state you live in, they might pay for an entire replacement if required by state law.
In fact, there are also insurance companies that waive the client's deductible should the owner opt for chip repair instead of total replacement.
2. Professionals Can Guarantee Their Work
If you choose to have a professional repair your windshield chips, it’s a safer bet financially than if you choose to do it yourself.
Many--but not all—auto glass repair shops will guarantee the repair. This means if your windshield is fixed by a shop that does so, you might be able to receive a discount on a new windshield if the repair doesn’t work and a replacement is required.
3. Auto Shops on Glass.net Only Use OEM or OEE Glass
When you use Glass.net to find an auto glass repair shop that will fix your windshield chip for cheap, you can rest assured that they only use OEM (original equipment manufacturer) or OEE (original equipment equivalent) glass.
Auto safety standards stipulate that a motorized automobile must have a windshield that will not affect the driver's ability to steer safely. A qualified professional found via Glass.net will make sure that this applies when they repair your car glass.
4. Your Windshield Might Have a Warranty for Free Replacement
Another reason we suggest finding a technician near you, that knows windshields, is because more and more of them tend to have a warranty for a limited period—usually against manufacturer defects. This means they can sometimes even be replaced free or charge if they are broken. We recommend you check with your vehicle dealer for more information.
How to Find Repair Shop?
At Glass.net, we’ve developed the easiest way to find qualified windshield chip repair shops near you. We help you get your windshield fixed quickly and at the best price from a well-reviewed shop in your area.
In the form at the top of this page, do the following:
- Enter your vehicle make & year
- Select the windshield that is damaged (front or rear window)
- Choose your vehicle’s model
- Get Up To 5 free local quotes with detailed information
- Contact the shop of your choice