Keeping Customers and Auto Glass
Health and safety always top of mind, even more so in these unprecedented times. Like many of you, we have been closely following the news and navigating these uncharted waters since first learning of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Auto glass replacement can be safe and does not require you to be present at the car while the installer is doing his work. To assure yourself that your installer complies with guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to prevent the spread of the virus. Here are just a few of the items you should discuss with your installer and be aware of for yourself:
- Has the installer increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the technicians’ vehicles, shops and office locations.
- Do they carry sanitizing wipes and alcohol gel.
- Make sure to greet them from a Social Distance.
- As always, we encourage our associates to wash their hands frequently, refrain from touching their faces and to stay home if they aren’t feeling well.
- Ask them if have recently been exposed to someone who has had COVID or exposed to it, if so you should refuse service for 14 days with no symptoms
- When the installer leaves the car, it is a good idea to wipe down contact surfaces—steering wheels, radio and controls—and don’t forget the keys if you left them for them.
- Finally. Wash your hands one more time!
We know that many of you need service or have already scheduled an appointment with us. If you need our help or need to make changes, the local shop will work with you to accommodate your needs.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to keep you and our associates safe. We appreciate your business.